Monday, April 2, 2018

Just Horsing Around in Kentucky


The Kentucky Horse Park


The Merrick Inn


I got the chance to see my parents and twin brother this past Easter weekend in Kentucky!

The trip started off with my politics professor being on the same flight as me and then shortly after I got to see my parents and my brother!

It was a weekend full of good food, good drinks and good company.

Thursday night I got a tour of the University of Kentucky from Peter.
The next day, Friday, Peter had class, so he took me to breakfast and dropped me off at the huge and gorgeous library.
We then were reunited with our parents after much anticipation for lunch. After lunch and a quick catch up, we went over to a barn and got to see some horses, peters new hobby.
We then showered up and went to dinner at Giuseppe’s. A very obscure place for an Italian restaurant but a really delicious one.

Shortly after dinner my parents, brother and I got decked out in camouflage and made our way over to the Rugby party.... it was literally a gross frat party and my parents wanted to go to it. It was really funny. I was mortified that my parents came but they got a big kick out of it.

After that late night, we slept in and the following morning we got brunch and then spent the day with more horses at the Kentucky Horse Park. The grounds were really pretty, and we got to see and take pictures with some retired Kentucky Derby winners! It was really cool, and I would highly recommend.

That evening we had our Easter dinner, a night early and went to The Merrick Inn for steak. It is a historic house turned into steakhouse.

It was a very nice weekend! I would've liked a little more sleep and a little more time for homework, but it was really nice to see my family for a bit and spend some time together before the last push of the semester.


1st outfit
H&M navy blue sweater
J Crew denim jacket
American Eagle white skinny jeans
Longchamp
J Crew sunglasses
scarf from France

2nd outfit
J Crew gingham top
J Crew denim jacket
American Eagle white skinny jeans
Baublebar gold script monogram
J Crew link bracelet
Longchamp



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tall and Preppy | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig