Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving Break 2016











Thanksgiving break was so short and so tiring!!
I had so much fun seeing all of my friends and family but it was exhausting!

On Wednesday, I surprised my niece Ava at her 2nd grade Thanksgiving Feast with my sister. Then my sister and I went out to lunch and caught up. I had family dinner that night with my parents. 
After dinner, I went over my sister's house and saw the rest of my nieces and nephews, and we watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I have never seen that movie in it's entirety before, and it was pretty funny.
I got home around midnight and my good friend Jack, who goes to school in California, called me and picked me up! We hung out until the late hours of the morning, only for me to get up at 10 am on Thanksgiving day to watch the parade!
My favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving morning, is to watch the Macy's parade.
It was kind of boring this year. The performers were all kind of dull and bland, and there were no big name performers.... So it wasn't the best parade I have ever seen.
And then my brother and I watched the annual dog show, right after the parade. 
Normally we don't watch the dog show, except we had a cesspool problem, so no one could shower... so we were trying to kill time!
We had a very chill Thanksgiving!
It was just my grandparents, my brother, my parents and I. 
I honestly didn't really eat that much at dinner, but probably because I was still stuffed from all the bagels and pizza I had the day before!
And then for desert my sister and her family came over, and it was a crazy house yet again!
On Friday, I had lunch with Giorgia and sushi with Soap for dinner. And I didn't go Black Friday shopping!
I have never gone, and I know, that surprises everyone because I am such a shopaholic, but I just have no desire to go! It seems too overwhelming and just crazy!
Saturday was my busiest day of the week. I got my nails done at 11 am with my mom, which was such a waist of money because all my nails are chipped, literally a day after getting them done.... I then got lunch with Justine, picked up Dominique to watch the BC v. Wake football game... which we lost!!! We should have won!!! I then went to Tory Burch with my sister for some "Black Weekend" sales, and got a new bag! You may have seen it on my Instagram. The bag is my "I need to get a summer internship" motivation. 
After that quick trip, I ran over to Erin's house for 20 minutes to say hi. Then had another family dinner. I picked up Marykate for ice cream and then literally almost fell asleep on the couch. But then had Joe pick me up with Dan and we just drove around town.
And then on Sunday....



We had a family brunch.
I got to see my Goddaughter and all my other nieces and nephews. And it was just nice to see everyone and hang out for a bit.
I ate some good food, finished packing and that was that!
I left my childhood home for my other home, Wake Forest!

Outfit details:

Thanksgiving outfit: 
Shirt: H&M off white lace shirt (similar)
Shoes: Tory Burch cheetah Reva flats

Sunday Brunch/Travel outfit:
Shirt: Joe Fresh white and blue stripped shirt with lace
Boots: Vince Camuto brown riding boots






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tall and Preppy | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig