Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Plaid Scarf






Funny story about this scarf: a girl in my chorus class was also wearing the same one today but styled completely different. 
She wore it with a dark green turtleneck, a tassel necklace, black leggings and boots. I took a slightly different approach. Her friend sitting next to her was comparing her outfit to mine saying that her outfit looked better than mine did because her sweater matched the scarf better.
I honestly don't care what that girl thought of my sweater and scarf not matching perfectly!
 I learned a long time ago from my mom and Stacy and Clinton on What Not To Wear on TLC that it is all about finding accessories to compliment the outfit. My scarf complements my sweater because all though it is not the same shade of blue in the scarf it still goes. Stacy and Clinton taught me that all you have to do is pull a color out of the main focus piece and make it blend with your outfit. My scarf and sweater blend! My scarf has a stripe of light blue in it! I think if I were to wear a green sweater there would be too much green because the scarf is predominantly green. 
All in all, we both have different styles but the same taste in J Crew! (lol)

Sweater: J Crew light blue circle hem sweater (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle skinny jeans
Shoes: Tory Burch black riding boots (similar)



Share:

1 comment

  1. Your scarf and sweater go great together, I love this combo! :)
    ~Adrienne
    adriennechristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Tall and Preppy | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig